Saturday 3 January 2009

Vintage Racing Automobilia

When my son Laurent and I were at the 2007 Mosport Vintage Racing Festival, we met a lot of great people. One of these was Peter Felder from Ontario. And since we’ve met, we have become good friends.



McLaren Racing Corporate Brochure 1971

Peter used to be part of some major racing teams from the 60’s through to the 80’s, and along the way, accumulated a lot of “stuff”.


Marlboro Racing BRM Formula 1 1973 Stickers

A few months ago, Peter was clearing out his attic, and asked me if I was interested in having some of this “stuff”. Of course, vintage racing addict that I am, I said yes.


Various Martini Racing Stickers 1970's

Just before Christmas, a large box arrived, and when I opened it, I was completely shocked. Peter had generously filled it to the brim with amazing items: photos, stickers, tags, patches, posters, some of which were autographed, race programs, corporate brochures, and press kits, all covering Formula 1, Formula 2, Formula 5000, Can Am, Trans Am and Sports GT racing, from Watkins Glen to Hockenheim.


Over the next few months, I will be posting some of these items, and adding them to my vintage racing automobilia collection site.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

rob ijbema said...

thanks for posting these paul
lucky you!
i used to have some of them marlboro stickers...
look forward to more

Automobiliart.com said...

Rob
Lucky me to have friends to feed my addiction!
As I digitize them, I'll be posting some here, but all will be on display on my collection site.
Happy New Year Rob, and to your family!

Gary Grant said...

Wow...what an incredible gift!

Of course your wife probably feels the same way about it as mine does about all the stuff I have!